Better SEO for Debatepedia
The SEO extension for MediaWiki is installed. The tag <seo> allows you to add titles, meta keywords, and meta descriptions to individual pages in this wiki. This helps search engines more accurately determine the content of a particular page. An example of it is used on this page. Below you'll find an explanation of how to use it.
When you enter
<seo title="word1,word2,..." metakeywords="word1,word2,..." metadescription="word1,word2,..." />
...or the shorter...
<seo title="word1,word2,..." metak="word1,word2,..." metad="word1,word2,..." />
in a wiki-article some words are added to the html title and meta headers. This makes SEO (search engine optimization) with MediaWiki easier.
For example, the above would become:
<title>Original title, word1,word2,...</title> (the string ", word1,word2,..." is added)
<meta name="keywords" content="word1,word2,..." />
(this is a new meta tag - existing metas are left untouched)
Added to following Debates
- Welcome to Debatepedia
- Year-round school
- $700 billion US economic bailout
- Reforestation as a solution to global warming
- Animal Testing
- McCain vs. Obama
- Kyoto Protocol
- "Clean coal"
- Geoengineering, iron fertilization of algae blooms
- Capital Punishment - a search for 'capital punishment debate' originally comes up as 4th on Google.
- Abortion, Partial Birth
- Gay marriage
- Universal Health Care
- Wind energy
- Fairness Doctrine
- Employee Free Choice Act
- Carbon emissions trading
- South Ossetia independence
- Vehicle fuel economy standards
- Obama, meeting with hostile foreign leaders without preconditions
- Progressive tax vs. flat tax
- Israeli invasion of Gaza