Argument: Individual right to bear arms championed throughout US history
- John R. Lott provides a review of Clayton E. Cramer's Armed America: The Remarkable Story of How and Why Guns Became as American as Apple Pie
- Clayton E. Cramer. Armed America: The Remarkable Story of How and Why Guns Became as American as Apple Pie. This is Cramer's critique of Arming America, The Origins of a National Gun Culture, from Michael A. Bellesiles.
- Clayton E. Cramer's Blog.
- William C. Culberson. Vigilantism: Political History of Private Power in America. Culberson attempts to distinguish between domestic terrorism and the genuine right to bear arms for self-protection and to safeguard against tyranny.
- Andrew Jackson - "A million armed freemen, possessed of the means of war, can never be conquered."