Argument: Evolution should be understood as an unproven theory like creationism
- Nicholas Bouchette. "Creationism should be taught alongside evolution." The Spectator. 4/26/01 - "Scientific theories are not facts, but constitute scientific explanations of scientific information. Such theories are ideas and are continually under study as they are used in the search for new facts and explanations.
- No one was around to see the evolution of organisms. No one was around to see God create the earth and humankind.
- Without eyewitnesses, any talk of origin is only a matter of faith. Creationism and evolution are still only theories.
- Does it matter the amount of science or faith involved? These theories are not opponents in the game of life. Creationism and evolution are contradicting theories on the origin of humankind — they are equivalent.
- The reason creationism has not been taught in schools may simply be due to a misunderstanding of the parallelism between the theories. It all may be due to a hunger for the power of influence — teaching the 'truth.'"