Argument: Distance learning models fail to enable face-to-face human instruction
Argument's parent debate
- Debate archive: Continuing introduction of new technologies and new media adds little to the quality of most education
Supporting evidence and reasoning
- Open university distance learning does not typically facilitate many important elements of instruction.
- It does not allow for face-to-face interaction between a teacher and student where students can ask questions in real time.
- It does not allow for dynamic student-student, group interactions in the class or elsewhere.
- It generally fails to produce the social atmosphere that required in developing emotional and social intelligence, which is essential in the modern world.